You are unable to relay with an SMTP error 5.7.57 Client was not authenticated.
You have configured an anonymous relay connector on your Exchange server and entered the source IP address of the sending system. However the client is redirected to the default connector which tries to authenticate the sender and throws error 5.7.57 Client was not authenticated.
This can happen if you have multiple IP addresses on the sending host and it is sending from an address other than the one you entered in the relay connector configuration.
There is a fairly easy way to determine the sending IP address:
- From the sending system open the Telnet client and try to connect to your Exchange server on port 25.
- Type ehlo.
- The Exchange server will greet you, mentioning the IP address the connection is originating from.
Latest posts by Dejan Foro (see all)
- FAQ 000180 – How to set Microsoft Teams Room Device to use internal NTP server - December 15, 2021
- FAQ 000178 – How to change the sender and reply E-mail address in Microsoft Bookings - January 11, 2021
- FAQ 000175 – How to use Windows performance monitor to troubleshoot inbound SMTP mail flow in Exchange - July 10, 2019
Leave A Comment